• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this before, but I just found out that the IOmega external HDD model GDHDU 1 TB works fine in a MacMini G$ 1.5GHz running MOS 3.9.

I was trying to recover the data from this old HDD using PC's with different versions of Windows, such as 7, 8 and 10, without success. None of the PC's or these OS versions was detecting the unit, so I decided to give it a try with MorphOS, and voila...it opens in a flash and I can access all my old files there.

I'm now transferring all my files from the IOmega to a more modern external HDD, just in case. But I will definitely keep using the unit for back ups and see how it continues behaving.

So if you have one of those old IOmega units, don't throw it in the trash just yet, give it a try in MOS. You may end up like me with huge extra storage space.
    MacMini G4 1.5GHz with MorphOS 3.9 FPGA MiST w/AmigaOS 3.9 (PFS3), FPGA Replay w/AmigaOS3.9, Amiga 1200 SCSI CD-RW, X-SURF 100 w/Rapidroad USB, External FDD with Chinon and Gotek units and Acer Aspire One ICAROS
  • »20.01.16 - 19:23