• MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

Sergio wrote:
    Quote:

bigfoot wrote:
    Try to determine if the machine is actually booting MorphOS. This is of course difficult when you don't get any display output until MorphOS has booted. Maybe try to insert a MorphOS CD and listen if it sounds like MorphOS is booting from the CD.

No, it isnt. I've put the welcome program in the WBStartup and no sound is output after the macboot chime.

Quote:

Sergio wrote:
    Quote:

bigfoot wrote:
    If MorphOS doesn't find a graphics card, Ambient also won't launch and the contents of WBStartup won't be run.

Tough one, I have no AGP enabled PC. I'll try to find someone who has.

Well, wait with this one until you can confirm for sure that MorphOS boots.

Another way you could do it is to put something like
    Quote:

date >>sys:boottimes

into s:user-startup when using a working graphics card. Swap cards, boot again, wait till it should definitely have booted, swap back to the working card and list the contents of sys:boottimes. If that file then contains the timestamp of when you tried to boot with the X1950, then MorphOS did boot.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »21.12.15 - 14:18
    Profile Visit Website