• MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

Sergio wrote:
    Last but not least, it seems PC AGP radeons won't work at all. I have tried both an X800 and an X1950 in both the G4 and th G5 and nothing happens. I thought MOS (3.9 on both G4 and G5) could make use of them, even if Mac boot couldn't. :(

Anyone has a clue on this last point? Cause I want to avoid reflashing, if possible...

The X800 won't work, while the X1950 should. As for the X1950...

1. Try to determine if the machine is actually booting MorphOS. This is of course difficult when you don't get any display output until MorphOS has booted. Maybe try to insert a MorphOS CD and listen if it sounds like MorphOS is booting from the CD.
    2. There's the possibility that the card has a PCI device ID the driver doesn't know about. If you've got a chance to check the device ID in another machine, then please do and post the result here.
    3. Did you remember to feed the required extra power to the card? ;)

Edit: The formatting that was OK in the preview is apparently not OK in the final post. Imagine that the above is a numbered list with 3 entries.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »20.12.15 - 20:57
    Profile Visit Website