• MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    I can not recommand against using reflashed cards enough. Often you'll end up with a card that's either underclocked or overclocked, both of which are bad, and often you'll end up with a card that's not initialised properly because the firmware does not match the card.

Reflashed cards are not supported by MorphOS. If they work, then good for you. If they don't, then tough luck.

Quote:

So what you're saying is that I should be able to put an x1950 with x86 ROM straight into my G5 and it will work on MorphOS?!

Phil.

You can, yes. But you will get no display in the firmware, so you won't be able to use the firmware boot selector to boot a different OS, for example. Also as I mentioned in an earlier post, an X1950 will be slower than an X800 at everything, including video playback.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »30.11.15 - 08:06
    Profile Visit Website