• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Spectre660
    There is no yaboot for Sam460ex .
    The boot loader for Sam460ex is called parthenope or ub2lb.
    It works with AmigaoS 4.1 and Linux.
    I hope that Morphos will eventually support it.
    As Morphos currently does not support parthenope I had to install MorphoS on a separate hard drive which I have now connected to the Sam460ex on board SATA port. This required removing the ENVY24hT sound card and reverting to use the onboard sound for AmigaOS and Morphos.
    To boot Morphos I need to temporarily set the 1st boot device in uboot to the Sam460ex SATA.

Next problem:
    enabling the on board Sam460ex SATA controller exposed a problem in the Linux kernel that cases a kernel panic.There were some changes made a while ago but as I have not been using the Sam460ex SATA I had not noticed the issue. So simple solution recompile the kernels without support for the Sam460ex SATA. Done and working.

Edit: corrected ub2lb. Thanks Andreas_Wolf.

Quote:

ernsteiswuerfel wrote:
    Are you using yaboot on the Linux side? It should be no problem then. One seperate HFS-partition for each OS-kernel (MorphOS, AmigaOS, Linux) is necessary. Then edit /etc/yaboot.conf by adding
    Code:
    macos=/dev/sdaX
    macosx=/dev/sdaY
    with X,Y-partition numbers for the MorphOS and AmigaOS partitions you created before. After that you write the changes back via Code:
    ybin -v

[ Edited by Spectre660 08.10.2015 - 16:13 ]
  • »08.10.15 - 20:22