• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

ausPPC wrote:
    Gawd - that's one keen Aussie dumpster diver. But quite a large number of views for such a video...

Is there really so much of a performance gap between those G5 computers and a new iPad?

I don't believe the claims that today's iPad's and iPhones have more processing power than those old G5 PowerMac's. But I am biased against all tablet computing devices, so my opinion is not very objective.

Maybe the "top-of-the-line" brand new iPad comes close to, or exceeds the processing power of a 2.0GHz G5, but I would need to see direct comparisons of benchmark tests before I would believe such claims. I do believe that the G5's are very inefficient due to power consumption and heat production, but they appear to me to have sufficient processing power to do many computing tasks quite well. Of course they can't compete with modern Intel, or AMD CPU's, but like one person who commented on that video, the G5, or dual G5 PowerMac towers are still very good at audio processing, effects and editing.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »27.08.15 - 02:49