• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

esc wrote:
    The day I can use MorphOS on my X5000 with the Radeon 7750 is the day I purchase a license.

Why would I get a specific GPU to run MorphOS? That would severely limit what I can do in OS4, which is really the primary reason people buy X5000s. I mean, to put it another way, and again I'm not trying to be flippant here, but I'd be much more inclined to leave my X5000 as is and purchase a mac mini g4 for MorphOS. People aren't going to sacrifice OS4 optimized configuration to run MorphOS, which is a sad truth, but it is a truth.

I don't take your comment as flippant.
    I haven't purchased an X5000 because I can't justify it without enhanced support from MorphOS, myself.

I also don't take his comment as flippant, but I don't think it is 100% accurate either. Not every X5000 buyer is interested in running AmigaOS4.x as their primary reason for the purchase. There might be "some" MorphOS users who want new hardware, plus the ability to occasionally run AmigaOS4.x, out of curiosity, just to see how it performs and compares to their preferred operating system, "MorphOS". Sure, the number of MorphOS users who have bought, or will buy an X5000/020, or X5000/040, if/when the 4 core X5000 becomes available, are very small, but not all buyers are, or will be interested in primarily running AmigaOS4.x, instead of MorphOS. I do agree that most X5000 buyers will be AmigaOS4.x users, by a large margin.

Quote:

And Andreas, yes, some R series cards are Terascale, not most.
    But splitting hairs with you gets boring.

But splitting hairs is what Andreas does best! ;-)

[ Edited by amigadave 20.04.2018 - 19:02 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »21.04.18 - 03:00