amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > does anyone know if this reconciliation includes matt

I guess it does. After all, he is A-Eon's sole managing director as well as A-Eon's main shareholder ;-)

AeonKit...

;-)

Yes, that might be apt name for it.

@ David,

I've only had a little interaction with Matt and company.

I do know they sold me a Cocolino PS/2 mouse adapter that draws to much power to be used in the applications I have tried it in, and then misquoted my complaints about the matter on one of the forums they regularly post on.

And returning a relatively low cost item to a company in Great Britain is a exercise in futility as the postage will eat up a large percentage of the original price.

Also, while they do support the community, they have control over the distribution of Aeon hardware and the support and margins offered to the resellers.
    And I'm not comfortable with that or the casual way the company does business, its too much like something run by a hobbyist, for hobbyists, rather than a competitive business.
    I know our market is small, and we should be grateful for the support we get, but I just expect more professionalism from those I buy from.

That said, I can live with it, and if it helps Trevor's endeavors...I'll just leave it be.

Either way, I can, once again, purchase from Aaron, so I'm cool.

I wasn't referring to you, in my earlier post. If your complaints about the Cocolino were made in a forum, instead of directly to customer service, then I would say that was your first mistake. The fact that they misquoted you (IMO) is no big deal, as that kind of thing happens all the time, and miscommunication can be cleared up quickly by contacting the other party directly. I'm not going to get into trying to figure out who was right, or wrong in your dispute with AmigaKit over your Cocolino PS2 mouse, and it is irrelevant to your point that having a USA distributor is better than having to ship something across the Atlantic for warranty repairs or replacement. IMO, it never resolves anything to discuss complaints about a company in a public forum, until all other attempts to resolve the problem via direct communications have failed several times. Maybe you did, or maybe AmigaKit brought up your complaint in the forum, not you (but somehow I doubt it).

As far as I know, AmigaKit does not manufacture the Cocolino PS2 mouse, they only distribute/re-sell them. If it were me, my first attempt to get resolution with the product would be from the manufacturer of the item, not the reseller, specially if the product partially works, but perhaps not in the way you expected, or needed for your particular instance. Many others, including perhaps yourself, may opt for asking the reseller/distributor first, to resolve warranty issues, which is okay too, just not the way I do things usually.

Unless things have changed recently at AmigaKit, I think they respond quickly to customer service questions, and requests, though I have heard of some strange occurrences where one or two customers have waited long periods of time, without a resolution, but I also suspect that a lack of communication is to blame in that instance.

I'm not trying to defend AmigaKit, or Matthew, I'm only relating my many experiences with them, and my personal opinion, which is based on how I have been treated by AmigaKit staff, and well over 90% of all AmigaKit customers I have heard from, in any form. Given that their service to me has been so good, for so long, it is hard for me to imagine that they treat other customers any differently.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »11.07.17 - 00:47