• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    I doubt they will go bankrupt. Trevor doesn't do it for the money.

I think this is a myth, carefully cultivated for some reason, probably to raise goodwill or some kind of saint status around the AeonKit business sphere. A marketing twist. Like they "saved" those community forums they bought, like they "saved" those old pieces of SW they bought, like they "saved" the developers by funneling them through their "app store". You don't sell €3,000 machines as "charity" or to lose money on purpose. That's my firm opinion.

They have a huge gamble in the X5000, it's long overdue, and it has turned out that it won't be offering any significant performance gain over current PPC machines (a platform that is hopelessly behind anyway). And if the rumors about a thosand Tabor motherboards (with that uncompatible FPU) already built and paid for is true, then a huge loss is a fact. A lot of money. A lot. For nothing. Excentric or not, nobody likes flushing huge amounts of money down the toilet. That wouldn't be excentric, that would be insane.

If the X5000 fails, and if the Tabor fails, don't expect him to keep pumping in huge amounts of money in sequel gambles. Especially not given the obvious hopeless OS4 situation, that must be really frustrating for them.

"AeonKit aren't doing it for the money" - Well, I call that bluff...

I don't see any reason the X5000 would fail.
    Tabor, while not a good solution, is still likely to be purchased by the OS4 fanboys that want a low cost system.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »08.03.16 - 20:12