• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Uh, because the e500v2 IS a step backwards.
    What part of that didn't you get?
    Of all the alternatives possible, A-eon picks one of the poorest ones.

I fear that this impression (or reality) will always trouble the creation of custom hardware for any NG Amiga inspired platform, because the time it takes to design and produce such custom hardware is always going to be measured in many months, if not years, so by the time any custom hardware is announced, there will always be something newer and better announced, or available.

As Trevor and others have tried to explain, the choice of the P1022 was made due to availability at the time A-Eon's choices had to be made. Hindsight is always going to look better and sometimes, the choice made may not turn out to be the best available when looking backward. It is always a gamble, specially when committing to purchase in quantities such as 500 units for the Cyrus+ boards and CPU's, and 1,000 units for the Tabor boards and P1022 CPU's.

A-Eon now has to make the best of those choices and hope they can deliver a product that Amiga users will want to purchase. Time will tell if their gamble will be profitable, break even, or lose money due to poor sales. As a friend of Trevor's, I hope that he is successful, but I also hope that he succeeds so that he can continue to go forward and produce future systems for our community. The Amiga community would be a duller place if A-Eon were to fail and close their operations some time in the next few years.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »20.10.15 - 20:15