• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    That doesn't sound like now.

But the pricing is better than I expected.
    And these are the dual core models.

Wonder when we will see the quad core and at what premium?

Are you still thinking of buying the X5000 to run both MorphOS and AmigaOS4.x? Or would you buy the X5000 without AmigaOS4.1FE, if A-Eon/AmigaKit offers it that way to MorphOS users?

It is disturbing that A-Eon has not released any info regarding MorphOS running on the X5000, or even mentioned MorphOS in any of it's press releases.

I thought that Trevor would embrace the MorphOS developers and users, once the MorphOS Dev. Team decided to port MorphOS to the X5000 and support A-Eon, which they did not need to do.

We all know that MorphOS is going to run better and be a more complete system on the X5000 than AmigaOS4.1FE. In fact, I'll be surprised if MorphOS3.10 that supports the X5000 is not finished and ready before Hyperion has completed the port of AmigaOS4.1FE to the X5000. A-Eon might hold back the release and sale of the X5000 until the port of AmigaOS4.1FE is finished, just so they don't make Hyperion look bad when MorphOS3.10 for the X5000 is completed first. I would hope that Trevor and Matthew would not hold it back for that reason, but they do have close ties and dependency on AmigaOS4.1FE users and Hyperion, and I doubt that enough MorphOS users will purchase X5000 systems to change that dependency.

I wonder if A-Eon is paying for and completing the AmigaOS4.1FE drivers for the X5000, while the MorphOS Dev. Team is writing their own drivers for the X5000 for MorphOS3.10?

@pega1,

Do you mean by "put back" that Trevor promised to sell some of the Cyrus+ systems or motherboards to MorphOS users & developers without AmigaOS4.1FE "tax" added?

[ Edited by amigadave 03.10.2015 - 11:33 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »03.10.15 - 20:28