• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

vox wrote:
    Seems software implementation (Warp3D)is to be blamed, not the hardware resources.

I would certainly hope so! Does the Linux distro(s) for the X1000 include 3D drivers? If so, how do they benchmark? Thinking back now, I'd almost swear I read somewhere that there was some issue with DMA on the PCIe? These benchmarks are just outright brutal and an embarrassment as they stand.

I really wish they wouldn't demo a X1000 at this upcoming X1000 Timeshare Presentation "Amiga 30th Anniversary Celebration". I could imagine some old timer ex-Amigans seeing the X1000 running a 16 year old Quake 3 choppy and getting sick to their stomach thinking this is what became of the once proud "Amiga".

Quote:

Looking forward to MorphOS for SAM460ex

I'm curious what the MorphOS guys can do with it too and what cards (if any) will have 3D support right away on the first release. The cost is too high for the performance for myself, but others have stated a desire for new hardware. Hopefully it will open the door for some users to try out MorphOS and see what it is all about.

[ Edited by redrumloa 06.04.2015 - 13:43 ]
  • »06.04.15 - 19:42