• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    Once Enrico Morocutti of ACube (not sure about the name. My memory got bad sometimes), said to me that prototyping a new motherboard SAM, costs ACube at least 50.000 euro. Producing a certain number of batches (2 or 3) it costed the same fo a total of 100.000. All made in Europe, not in China that is cheaper,

Butremember that in China often precision and reliability often is sure very lower than Europe manufacturing.

As long as the lack of hardware is a very pressing problem for all Amiga community, i think that if we hire a bounty, then even A-EON, morphOS team and A-Cube could partecipate the bounty and donate the best part of the sum required for prototyping.

Well, at least they will be the main subjects interested in it, as they will be the dealers for selling it.

If an Amiga PPC Motherboard could drop to 299 Euro it will be sure a deal for entire community, in the lack of any ARM or Intel porting..

I could chek where are those mail address on hard disk kept sleeping in the dead computer and ask those firms.

Well, asking these manufacturers how much they pretend for prototyping it is just a question, and asking costs no money....

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte 22.12.2014 - 14:22 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »22.12.14 - 13:17