• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    MorphOS does not provide TRIM support. You could create a backup of your files and manually "trim" via Linux, however.

Emphasis on word "could", it doesn't say "should". You might do this when f.ex. formatting partition anyway. Not something you would want to do each month, for example.

Quote:

geit wrote:
    I would simply not care about allinement and just leave some non partitioned area at the end. Since these blocks will never be touched by MorphOS, the SSD will forever know these blocks are free to use.

Also you probably should NEVER use full format with SSD. Without trim, that sets ALL contained blocks to the "might be in use" state (instead of "known to be free"). Better let that happen gradually, when you start filling the partition with data.

The only exception that comes to my mind right away, is crypted partitions.

-EDIT-

As for Apple, they didn't "disable TRIM", but rather "disabled TRIM on non-Apple-branded devices". AFAIK, they already did this in the previous OS version, BUT there you could switch this on/off for drives at will. Now on the newest version, you must disable "bigger chunk of security features" to get TRIM working normally on non-Apple drives.

I just wonder, what is this supposed to do with security? It's as (un)secure with and without TRIM...

[ Edited by Jupp3 02.12.2014 - 14:55 ]
  • »02.12.14 - 12:30
    Profile Visit Website