• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

I'm not quite sure what to make of this.

I think that pretty much sums it all up. The discussion has entered its fourth page seeking detailed answers to what it's all really about and what the results will be. That it's all so unclear at this point when they are asking for so much money is a bad sign IMHO. I feel that there is no real plan, and no responsible body to actualy carry it out anyway. And the design phase is the cheapest part. To actually carry out manufacturing of a big batch of actual products requires an enormous amount of money up-front, months ahead of even being able to hope to recover any of it, should there really be a market for PPC products that the real world left behind a decade ago. On top of it all is the extra challenge of making a laptop computer out of it, that has a lot more to it than simply slapping a motherboard into some casing and calling it a system. The chance of this resulting in actual consumer products are practically zero percent IMHO. And the possibility that any money spent is a complete waste is inverted from this. I'm staying way clear of this.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »29.06.17 - 20:34