• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

>I don't see any resistance.

No I don't really either.
    But from what was said, it doesn't sound like something they need to assign a bounty to.
    It sounds like something they just haven't had time to implement.

I"t doesn't matter to me as I'm not adverse to running Cat5 lines.

My opinion would probably be different if Powerbook support was available and I wanted to use one of those at home.

Not sure why this discussion was not placed in the thread started for the topic, but.....

I think resistance is probably the wrong word, as it is more like indifference, or lack of interest by any of the MorphOS Dev. Team members (publicly expressed at any rate). I disagree with jadacaps view that wireless networking without WPA2 is pointless.

I don't think the Team should be working on wireless support until after they have finished other more important features and also finishes support for the G4 PowerBook. If they will allow Neil Cafferkey to work on providing Airport support for the currently supported G4 PowerMacs and that work leads to support for the G4 PowerBook's PCMCIA slot so we can use Prism2 compatible wireless NIC cards when MorphOS2.x support is finally released, it will be a "Win-Win" for everyone.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »03.04.11 - 23:24