• MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

BSzili wrote:
    I've uploaded the first test version of RTTR, which is an enhanced open source recreation of Settlers II. It's still a bit unstable, the game tends to crash, if you wiggle the mouse too much while saving the game. Other than that the game seems to be playable, although I such at these kind of games, so I didn't test the gameplay too much. You can grab it from my website, you need a full version of Settlers II Gold to play it.

It would be nice if you could do some proper archives with proper naming. Current "releases", beta or not are quite a mess and look unprofessional. Just add the required stuff once to the makefile and you can even reuse the stuff for other projects.

Basically add a drawer inside the archive, which does not contain any version information in name. If someone extracts an archive to SYS: it must not dump more files than drawer name and icon.

Name the application properly. No "xyz.ppc", just the application name.

Add proper icons for the drawer and files (if not already done)

Add a proper version string.

I know that all these ports need proper files from the original, so it would be nice to ask for the original disk or the location of these files.

A good example how this could be done is Return to Castle Wolfenstein. HAK has also ported many games and all of them are straight and clean.

Beside the installer these are quite simple to implement by just adding some archive creation rule to the make file.

Just dumping some binary looks simply ugly and unprofessional. Ports simple or not must not looks like crap.

Geit

[ Edited by geit 07.06.2013 - 12:59 ]
  • »07.06.13 - 10:56