• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I found out, eventually after various failed attempts, that the BattleNet edition of Stratagus is NOT supported (though it's written as "... now work ... " in the ReadMe) with Stratagus v2.2.4.

Anyway, I acquired a copy of the UK/Australian DOS CD of the game, but when I eventually worked out that the build.sh script has to be run from Shell, after 'CD'-ing to the directory where the unarchived Stratagus files are and issuing the "build.sh -p cd0:" request in the Shell so that the CD is then correctly accessed and the files are converted into the data.wc2 folder.

However, after I did that - after I run/start the game, I still get a message after the default config file has apparently loaded that is basically the same as John Fante asked, back in 2010 - in the above comment in this thread:

Anyway, JohnFante's question (there is no 'preferences.lua' file, and the sound files do not seem to load at all, so even now does not seem to have been answered fully, so I wondered if anyone could explain if there is a way to fix the files that I have from the CD I own, that still seem to be missing the preferences.lua file, and the sound files that seem to be archived in their folder though they can easily be unarchived, but that does not seem to fix the problem with them being read/unarchived on-the-fly, if that's the way it is supposed to work.

As the MorphOS 'build.sh' conversion of the WarCraft 2 files from CD into the Stratagus v2.2.4 folder is still creating these problems that won't allow the game to run, so if anyone knows how to fix these issues please offer some useful advice, for everyone to use this archive as it was intended.

[ Edited by NewSense 14.02.2017 - 20:10 ]
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »14.02.17 - 20:00