• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    Hey guys, first of all happy new year :)

Regarding VGP2, if version 2.5 refers to update packs, they can still be downloaded individually here. Last update was from 2008, so everything should be there. You just unpack them in the corresponding drawers and alter the circuiti.config at the config drawer (shuld you want to add new tracks). Since each pack comes with a description, it's difficult to make a mistake. Also, if you have a 4:3 monitor and want a custom max resolution of let's say 1280x1024 you can edit the opzioni.config on the aforementioned drawer. Pay attention if willing to go for the HD resolution because the end VGP2 data will be over 1GB (so have adequate space on your partition). FYI, the game runs at full speed on a pmac 3.1 G4 1.6Ghz, 1.5GB Ram, 9800Pro 256MB on AGP 2x with HD packs.

I am also trying to get VGP (original game from '99) to run but although I reach the initial splash screens (epic marketing, islona, alien) the game throws an error (VGP/Hi, AGP/Hi uknown command). I 've messed with the stack, edit the VGP_DATA assign (from the scripts), tried to run through cli but I always end up on the same error. Funny thing is that the game run once on my wb3.1 emulated enviroment but then it throws the same error under e-uae as well. VGP is listed as RTG compatible on amiga hol so perhaps there is a chance that it might work on MorphOS too, has anyone tried it?

I am also in contact lately with Paolo (VGP series author). He informed me that VGP3 engine is undergoing under some heavy improvement. New version relies on OpenGL 2.1 and in case we have SDL 2.0 the port could be straight forward but that's all I know for now. Would awesome to have it G5 though one day :)
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »01.01.18 - 09:05
    Profile Visit Website