• Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    Quote:

bearerofthetorch wrote:
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    So you don't have anything like this in the list?
    Screenshot

Yes I have,

What can I do now?

For example, starting from 800x600 modes:

1) Select 24Bit 800x600 from the main window (just like on the screenshot on the left side)

2) Click the Edit button to get the Edit Mode window (right side on the screenshot)

3) Click the Test button. If you get a visible screen with the test picture as the background and a smaller window over it, click the Cancel button on both Edit Mode windows and return to the step 1) and repeat for the 8Bit 800x600 and 15/16Bit 800x600 modes. A working test picture screen indicates that the mode is OK and it should work with other software too.

4) If the Test fails and you get the "Out of Range" message from the monitor with no visible image. Try to press the Esc if it'd close the test screen, and if not, reboot the machine (IIRC the Esc used to quit the test, but I'm not sure anymore)

5) After a failed test, open the Edit Mode for the same failing mode again, and click the "800x600 (60Hz, 37.9kHz) VESA" entry from the predefined modes list. The values on the lower part of the window should change accordingly.

6) Click the Test button again. If the test still fails, repeat from 4) and select another 800x600 entry (with different Hz), you can test all predefined modes, but the ones ending to VESA are more likely to work.

7) If you find working settings for mode(s) that didn't work previously, Click OK on the Edit Mode window and Save in the Monitors prefs. Altered modes will work after a reboot then.

8) Repeat from 1) for all other modes/resolutions you want to check. For example, 640x480 is also a common mode for games.

Thanks JVP!!!

But I tried various screenmodes with VESA and no luck,it even doen't allow me to exit from the "Out Of Range" black screen.

Can I do something now?

I am dying to play MAME and Genesis Plus too,including too swrxz and Smokin'Guns.

And I apreciatte a lot the mini-guide you gave me!!!

Very good work!!
  • »14.09.23 - 12:51