• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Jupp3 wrote:
    As far as I know, the plan was (more or less) to complete the game first, and then start work on porting to more obscure platforms.

In addition, the porter decided that he'd discard the used SDL2 and use his own, more "native" framework instead, so that will likely take a bit more time than for other platforms.

Yes, it might take Daytona more time that 4 to 6 months to complete. I was just guessing that he could do it in that time frame from his impressive work in the past, and since he uses his own display routines, which have previously been created, and can be reused on Tower 57, and other new games, or ports, without having to invent it again. Daniel might be busy with other projects as well, and it might take a year or more to finish Tower 57, but I would be surprised if it takes that long. My 4 to 6 month estimate is nothing more than a wild guess, with no basis for believing in it, but as talented as Daniel is, maybe he will complete the port in even less time than my guess. Only he can tell, and probably only after he receives the source code, to see how much work it will be for him to port it.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »27.06.16 - 19:17