• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    Game looks really neat, although it lacks some basic features:

- Add sound effects on collision, car strafing, engine start
    - Add option to enable/disable music and/or lower its level (use all of daxx's lotus remixes like you did in intro imho)
    - Add/change graphics when car is strafing (smokes on the front wheels) and when stopping from top speed (smokes on rear wheels with red lights on at the back of the car)
    - Change car graphics when strafing (make car touching the ground more realistically, now it looks like it is floating)
    - Once finishing the lap for 1 fps you get to notice the start/checkpoint screen
    - Timer on upper right corner doesn't seem right every time a second goes away (like it gets misplaced for a split of a second).
    - Collision detection should be improved (become more sensitivity) when hitting other cars from side ways (instead of losing speed only when rear hitting them) and you should also speed down immediately when going off route on the side ways.
    - Add option for manual and automatic transmission (with penalty on top speed when using a/t, to make it harder). Transmission should be changed by the fire button of a joystick (holding up stick+button -> transmission upwards, down stick+button-> transmission down)
    - Add option for normal/easy mode, where on the latter you get road signs for up ahead turns
    - Consider adding turbo/nitro mode like on Crazy Cars III (i.e. by pressing the space bar)
    - If more tracks are added, perhaps a fuel tank hud should be implemented along with a re-fueling system while ingame
    - Update the boing ball with more variety of amiga logos while ingame (i.e. from game companies like Gremlin, Magnetic Field, Lotus Challenge/Jaguar XJ cover arts etc)

Live update works by the way. I get steady 33 fps on my system (MorphOS 3.9, PMAC 3.1@ 1.6Ghz, 9800Pro flashed) in window mode although I think 60 fps should be the target. Is there an option for fullscreen?
    Played the game via my old amiga greek stick (with 9pin to usb) and the feeling reminded me the old great days! The graphics are super, game's engine looks super, for a complete game I would pay 30-40 euros (with working internet co-op, online high-scores, more level variety night/evening/snowing/raining, more cars etc).
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »28.10.15 - 08:34
    Profile Visit Website