Kickstarter: Tower 57 for MorphOS
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Solo_Kazuki
    Hello

I'm thinking about buying this game. But i'm wondering if level updates are also available for this version. I mean there are bigger, upgraded levels added for "base" (Windows) version.
  • »24.05.19 - 06:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Solo_Kazuki
    Ok, i found that it's updated version. Bought game and everything's ok, at least for now. One comment which i have is lack of MMB and scroll/roll support.

[ Edited by Solo_Kazuki 28.05.2019 - 20:34 ]
  • »25.05.19 - 16:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Solo_Kazuki
    How to update game? I have v19.44 (Amiga Ver. 2) but i know there is (Amiga Ver. 11) already.
  • »26.05.19 - 11:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Hmm, if I remember correctly the game asked me at the time where updates were available. It downloaded and installed them automatically in this case. Perhaps this mechanism does not work properly when going straihgt from v2 to v11?
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »26.05.19 - 12:05
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Solo_Kazuki
    Have anybody contact with Daytona675x? He was last time on MorphZone half year ago.
  • »27.05.19 - 19:43
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    Yeah, if possible I would like a rip also of the latest version from Daytona because my live update doesn't work (long story...). Would be nice if anyone can get in touch with him..
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »27.05.19 - 21:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Solo_Kazuki
    It's also not working for me, I have version without any update.
  • »28.05.19 - 05:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ Solo_Kazuki - Daytona675x - Daniel Müßener has a website - GoldenCode, with his details as: Am Langen Weiher 11, 50170 Kerpen, Deutschland, and a direct E-Mail contact on there as well: kontakt [at] goldencode [dot] de, that's if he doesn't respond to any PMs from this site, or anywhere else on a forum/website that he's known to frequent/support, so I'd try that to see if he can help first of all, as it may be an issue he can help us all with. As you brought the matter up, do you want to contact him, or should I? :-?

UPDATE - OK, I've PM'd and emailed Daytona675x about this issue, so will update this thread when I get a reply. 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »28.05.19 - 06:13
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Solo_Kazuki
    It's no matter who contact him, if You have possibility then do it, please.

[ Edited by Solo_Kazuki 28.05.2019 - 11:59 ]
  • »28.05.19 - 09:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Solo_Kazuki
    And if you could, ask if there is possibility to buy Battle Squadron MorphOS version somewhere. There was only AmigaOS4/Windows/MacOS version available.

I'll buy it, preferred digital version if it's available.

[ Edited by Solo_Kazuki 28.05.2019 - 11:59 ]
  • »28.05.19 - 09:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Solo_Kazuki
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    I think a bug in database of the forum...

It's nothing weird, see "Subject" field when do the reply? You can change subject when needed.
    I was the one who do this, so i'm going back to main topic.

BTW: Reply on this post, not part about BS.

[ Edited by Solo_Kazuki 29.05.2019 - 11:17 ]
  • »29.05.19 - 09:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > How or why did this thread title get changed / Hijacked for Battle Squadron?
    > Is it a bug in the forum?

Replying to a thread gives the opportunity to change the subject of the new comment. The pre-entered subject is copied from the comment that is being replied to. This makes sense for sub-discussions in threaded view (which was removed some years ago). So yes, I consider it a bug that the subject of the most recent comment instead of that of the opening post is what's displayed as thread subject.
    Replying to your comment would normally retain (or rather reinstate after Solo_Kazuki's change back in the preceding comment) the "Battle Squadron" subject of your comment as thread subject, but I changed it manually to the "Tower 57" subject.
  • »29.05.19 - 11:09
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > It's nothing weird

I do think it's weird that whoever happens to reply to a thread can change the displayed thread subject at will. Usually, this ability is reserved for the thread opener (and moderator/webmaster/admin of course).
  • »29.05.19 - 11:22
    Cool_amigaN
    Just thread title post testing ....
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »01.06.19 - 08:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I backed it a few days ago for a boxed version.

"News" from February:

"Unfortunately, Tower 57 did not perform good enough in the long term to allow me to create the boxed version of the game. I sincerely apologize for this situation. I have tried as hard and as long as I could to keep this campaign promise, but with the game's revenue dwindling I was forced to look for a more "traditional" job in order to start repaying the personal debt I have accumulated throughout the development of the game."
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/514621648/tower-57/posts/2414486
  • »23.07.19 - 15:40
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Just as an update to all . . . .

After I PM'd and emailed Daytona675x about this issue, we discussed this updating issue, and though I know he is looking into the issue, believed to be something to do with a server issue accessing the update files, I have not had a definitive update from Daniel as yet, but, as I said before in this thread when I do get a reply I will do so, unless Daytona675x does do himself before I get a chance to do so. 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »24.07.19 - 01:29
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > I backed it a few days ago for a boxed version.

"News" from February:

"Unfortunately, Tower 57 did not perform good enough in the long term to allow me to create the boxed version of the game. I sincerely apologize for this situation. I have tried as hard and as long as I could to keep this campaign promise, but with the game's revenue dwindling I was forced to look for a more "traditional" job in order to start repaying the personal debt I have accumulated throughout the development of the game."
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/514621648/tower-57/posts/2414486

That's pretty rough. There were hundreds of people due a boxed copy and the crowdfund hit its goal. At least the game is very polished. I bought it digitally, well after the crowdfund.
  • »24.07.19 - 15:52
  • rob
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    rob
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    That's pretty rough. There were hundreds of people due a boxed copy and the crowdfund hit its goal. At least the game is very polished. I bought it digitally, well after the crowdfund.

I had ordered the boxed copy but if you read the full update he has at least managed to arrange an alternative reward with 11-bit as a consolation.
  • »24.07.19 - 16:22
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

"Unfortunately, Tower 57 did not perform good enough in the long term (...) I was forced to look for a more "traditional" job in order to start repaying the personal debt I have accumulated throughout the development of the game."

Well, so much about more quality games for MorphOS. (sigh)
  • »24.07.19 - 16:50
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

koszer wrote:
    Quote:

"Unfortunately, Tower 57 did not perform good enough in the long term (...) I was forced to look for a more "traditional" job in order to start repaying the personal debt I have accumulated throughout the development of the game."

Well, so much about more quality games for MorphOS. (sigh)

I was unaware he expected this game to be his full time income. The Amiga NG market, even if you include all variants, is simply not big enough to support someone full time. Certainly not a single game. It's a shame.
  • »24.07.19 - 19:54
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Quote:

redrumloa schrieb:
    I was unaware he expected this game to be his full time income. The Amiga NG market, even if you include all variants, is simply not big enough to support someone full time. Certainly not a single game. It's a shame.

I think you're mixing things a little bit up.

Benitosub, the guy who kickstarted & wrote the original PC game perhaps did write this game full time, seeing it as full time income for some time. And unfortunally failed commercially. :-(

Daytona675x who did the excellent AmigaNG ports (and improved the speed of the engine a lot during this process!) did not do this as his full time job, neither he expected to do so. He's still in the Amiga scene and maybe already contemplating future projects. Who knows? ;-)
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »24.07.19 - 22:25