two mime entries don't make a right
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > the default tool [...] is [...] System:MorphOS/C/Ed then when clicked on it opens the 'Ed'
    > but it does not import the file itself into the 'Ed'-itor. [...] it is not handling correctly the
    > standard AmigaOS icon default tool.

Just tried it, same issue here. I don't know why it doesn't work with MorphOS' own Ed but it works with other default tools, best examples being IconX for shell scripts or Installer for installation scripts.

Ed probably just doesn't handle wbargs, nothing to do with ambient itself, nor mimetypes.
  • »24.08.13 - 08:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    It's been a while since this topic of MIME settings came up, but I wondered if there's an easy way to set MIME to load a CD Player when an Audio CD (device) is inserted, or selected via a right mouse click to choose the tracks to play instead of having to 'open' the device initially and then choose a file via 'Play' or some other MIME setting option from a right mouse click event?

I see MOS recognise that a CD is an Audio CD when such a CD is inserted so I hope someone can offer some advice on how to make this request of mine possible.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »24.10.15 - 03:22
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    BatteMan
    Take a look at MagicBeacon. It have a command to play DVD via MPlayer when one DVD is inserted and detected.

Maybe you can configure it for makes what you want.

--
    /me doesn't use MagicBeacon for this but why not.
    Proud user of MorphOS since 2003 !
  • »25.10.15 - 06:21
    Profile Visit Website