Python 3.x
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    Hello,

I'm glad to annouce the release of Python 3.2.1 for MorphOS.

Download binary here: http://www.yomgui.fr/yiki/doku.php/en:dev:python:rel3x:start

Or just use Grunch.

Python3.x is the major successor of Python2.x, the language is almost compatible but some important
    commands have changed or removed (like "print"). See the official web site http://www.python.org/ for more informations.

This is not the latest one, but 3.2.2 (the officiel latest release) doesn't bring many importants bugfixes for us (except the one for urllib2).
    So this one will be release after, but soon.

Please note that I'll progressively abandon the Python 2.x serie, after migrated all my python programs under 2.x (like PyMUI and Gribouillis for example) for the Python3.x API.
    Note also that I've done only a little MorphOS support into this 3.x serie, testing and port python scripts takes too much time for only one developper. You're strongly requested to modify them yourself and send me these modifications for next releases.

Thanks,
    Guillaume ROGUEZ

[ Edited by Yomgui 10.12.2011 - 15:05 ]
    And now... next project!
  • »09.12.11 - 23:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Thank you Yomgui for your work!

You are a hero :bloons:
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »10.12.11 - 05:21
    Profile Visit Website
    Miky060
    Yomgui never stops! Thanks for your work!

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »10.12.11 - 08:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    Blender3D updated for this new Python3 release, please update it after Python3 update.
    And now... next project!
  • »10.12.11 - 15:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Unfortunately user prefs in Blender are unusable (grafic-errors....maybe missing/wrong font?).
    How can I open BLENDER on its own screen? Env-variable SCREENMODEID seems no longer used in this version.....
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »10.12.11 - 19:15
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    @Amigaharry2: I'm not going to enter in technical reasons but in fact all secondary windows are currently unusable due to Font characters not readable. It's a problem of how TGL handles textures id and how Blender is designed.
    I need to talk about that with the MorphOS team... because I can't easily patch Blender to support TGL as it.

You may mention that secondary windows work before, but in fact the refresh of the main window was corrupted sometime: I've made a choice: having a stable refresh but no secondary windows.

All informations displayed by these secondary windows are available through the main window, even preferences: check the User Preferences item by cliking on the Editor Type button at left of any header bar.
    And now... next project!
  • »11.12.11 - 02:09
    Profile Visit Website