Not MorphOS related, but looking for OSX Tiger for Powerbook
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Quote:

esc wrote:
    Hey guys, I'm having a heck of a time finding OSX Tiger for my 1.67ghz powerbook. I ordered a (very highly priced) dvd from Amazon and it doesn't work. Looks like powerbooks need a specific version.

Anyone able to help out here? I'll be honest, I've scoured the internet for an iso. No luck. :(

Send me an email at pamp3rs gmail dot com
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »22.12.16 - 09:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

pampers wrote:
    Quote:

esc wrote:
    Hey guys, I'm having a heck of a time finding OSX Tiger for my 1.67ghz powerbook. I ordered a (very highly priced) dvd from Amazon and it doesn't work. Looks like powerbooks need a specific version.

Anyone able to help out here? I'll be honest, I've scoured the internet for an iso. No luck. :(

Send me an email at pamp3rs gmail dot com

Way to go Wiktor, I thought someone might be willing to help.
    I can't as I don't have anything other than the last zpPC OSX variant.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »22.12.16 - 11:05
  • esc
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    esc
    Thanks for the help guys. I ordered a 10.4 DVD and it won't boot - the powerbook needs >10.4.3 - total bummer. These discs are hard to find. :(
  • »22.12.16 - 21:19
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

esc wrote:
    Thanks for the help guys. I ordered a 10.4 DVD and it won't boot - the powerbook needs >10.4.3 - total bummer. These discs are hard to find. :(

PM Wiktor Glowacki (pampers), I'm sure he can help you dig up the right CDs.
    He has (or at least one time had) the hi-res version of the PowerBook you mentioned.
    Really, all you need is to find someone with a set of the Tiger install CD for that system.
    MacOS/OSX CDs are notoriously specific to the models they were shipped with.
    I have a set similar to those you purchased, intended for a PowerMac G4, and I'm pretty sure they won't work with your system.

But the original CDs may be copyable, and I've heard of people that have set up bootable USB thumb drives with the install files from the correct CD.
    You just need to find someone who is relatively knowledgeable about Macs (and that's NOT me, as I had a long held bias against Apple - even though I've come to appreciate OSX).

But again, contact Wiktor, he's quite knowledgeable about those laptops.
    AND, he offered to help.

[ Edited by Jim 22.12.2016 - 19:23 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »23.12.16 - 00:05
  • esc
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    esc
    Thanks! Yep, emailed him a few hours ago, but I suspect it's midnight in his location so patiently waiting until he gets up. Your advice is appreciated!
  • »23.12.16 - 00:58