Looks like my guess about Trevor being a White Knight Invest
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    dekanyz
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    I doubt many from the OS4 side would jump to the MorphOS side if Hype went down under. If MorphOS would go under, I wouldnt go to OS4. No point. I'd use MorphOS until it wasnt usable, then I'd bail and not use it after that, just like Classic Amiga OS.

Yes... The same to me, until the other side not offers something cool.

Currently, the user experience is similar on OS4 and MOS, but the things could change slowly. If one of them is never developed anymore, the other could slowly be more better.

The division is the biggest problem in this situation... the incompatibility of OS-es. And the continous attempt to make them more different from the others.
  • »15.04.15 - 08:34
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Obviously it would be a sharp improvement. A-Eonkit is not starry-eyed perfection to me, but would obviously be heads and shoulders over what HYPErion have been and have accomplished under Hermans.

One year later now, so who was the new director? A_W?

BTW I haven't been to the corporate sites (AO & AWN) in some months, so this week when I went back and did some reading I was shocked. Not only did the rescue of HYPErion not fix anything, whomever did it, but things got far worse. I didn't think things could get worse, but here we are. Almost to a person the OS4 fanboys are frustrated with A-Eonkit, but openly angry at HYPerion. HYPErion may as well be the new McBill. What a change. Just one year ago if someone made an observation about HYPErion that was not glowingly positive, they would be banned for months. Now a year later that very moderator is making almost identical comments.

The truest of true believers are fighting each other to get off the bandwagon first. The defenders of the faith moderators are now joining the naysayers as if they were always objective. Wow...
  • »01.04.16 - 17:16
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    eliyahu
    Quote:

One year later now, so who was the new director? A_W?

the new director is costel mincea.

-- eliyahu
  • »01.04.16 - 18:24
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > who was the new director?

http://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2015-07-00020-EN.html

Also discussed here on MorphZone:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=11342&start=33
    https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=11372&start=102

> A_W?

No, I'm not a director of Hyperion Entertainment CVBA and never was ;-)

> the OS4 fanboys are frustrated with A-Eonkit

That's not the impression I get.
  • »01.04.16 - 21:43