Peg2 board rev.1b1 - plz help
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    vulture
    So, I've recently bought a tested as working peg2 1b1 board and for the life of me I can't get it to run. Now, I've tried all kinds of different ram modules (some of them tested successfully on my working peg2), gfx boards (also tested and working) and 3 different working cpu modules, but I get no display or serial output. Also, no keyboard (ps2) blinking lights at power on. Could it be that the trip to Greece damaged it? It was well packed and I can see no physical damage or burn plus it does power on, it's just it does nothing more than that. Can anyone think of something I might be missing? Also tried to remove the battery, leave it off to clear cmos, inserted a new one, etc. What do you think guys? Thx in advance!
  • »20.11.14 - 17:04
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Elric
    Hello!

I probably don't help you, but just in case... Is the ide a 80 wires one???

By the way... If you have some 1Ghz cpu modules and think about eventualy sold some (one)... I might be interested... As mine is "should be repared" by "someone" since a wile and no news... :-(

Amigan Salutations.

[ Edited by Elric 20.11.2014 - 19:14 ]
  • »20.11.14 - 18:13
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    If you don't get any response from board after power up (no OF-screen, etc), then it may be damaged by transport. OF-screen comes up after selftest and needs no conected HD - only a propper grafics card.
    All you can do is to check correct seat of all components (el. contact!) and to measure correct voltage of power supply.....

Maybe that helps you: http://www.powerdeveloper.org/asset/by-id/29
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »20.11.14 - 22:04
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    vulture
    Thx for the suggestions guys! Indeed, no HD is needed for the OF to appear so, that's not an issue. Yeah, I've tried a couple of good PSUs and properly seated everything , but it's no go.... I guess I've ran out of options here and the board isn't really working after all. :/
  • »21.11.14 - 07:12
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    You may send it to bplan to repair.......
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »21.11.14 - 18:33
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    vulture
    Yes, that might be an option. It's just it might be cheaper to get another board altogether or try to get my money back from the seller if he ever answers my emails.... :-/
  • »21.11.14 - 18:45
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    CountRaven
    What kind of damage can be done to a board during transport? I am asking this since no visible signs of broken stuff are shown on the board.

Are there any suggested diagnostic methods to find out what is wrong?
  • »21.11.14 - 21:22
    Profile Visit Website