Keyboard shortcuts for raising and lowering volume?
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Is there such a thing? If not, I would like to make a shortcut in Crabaum that does this. Maybe a rexx script? Can someone help? :-)
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »08.10.14 - 00:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I have an Apple A1016 Bluetooth keyboard that I use virtually all the time with MorphOS, and it is a great keyboard as you can use long distances from my Mac Mini, as the transmission/reception range is very good, but the volume keys on it are just not 'seen' by MorphOS, unless I am doing something wrong, which I feel sure I am not.

I have managed to set up the 'eject' key to actually eject CDs - in combination with the 'Ctrl' key, as long as I am on the Ambient screen, or I can use the F12 key with 'Ctrl' as the Eject key on this keyboard as it seems it is seen as the same key, with MorphOS, though obviously not when I use Mac OSX with this keyboard.

I wish I could use the volume + and - keys & mute key as well on this keyboard, but I certainly don't know how to accomplish that, but I would have hoped someone would know, so I'll be watching this thread to see if someone can get the volume accessed through the keyboard. ;-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »08.10.14 - 01:04
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    I've made a script which can control main volume setting in MorphOS, as well as volume separately for each popular music/media player. You can also control players in other ways too, if you want Crabaum menu entries for prev/next/stop/etc actions :) Or if you want to assign those commands to keyboard shortcuts with MMKeyboard for example.

http://aminet.net/package/mus/play/MultiMeedio
  • »08.10.14 - 06:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @jPV

I will try it, thanks :) I just want to be able to change the main volume.

My MorphOS blog
  • »08.10.14 - 12:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Is that a Shell command? If so I guess I can use it in Crabaum.

My MorphOS blog
  • »08.10.14 - 14:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Cool! I will try that first :-)

[edit] Btw, how about mute/unmute?

[ Edited by Yasu 08.10.2014 - 16:00 ]

My MorphOS blog
  • »08.10.14 - 17:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    Cool! I will try that first :-)

[edit] Btw, how about mute/unmute?

Ram Disk:> setmixer ?
    MIXER/K,INPUT/S,OUTPUT/S,NAME/K,VOLUME/K/N,VOLUMEADJUST/K/N,MUTE/K,SPDIF/K,S3DLEVEL/K/N:

You see the config?

Usage: setmixer mute 0
    Spreedy - The spreedsheet editor of MorphOS
    Calimero - Do you know about the new DTP Program for MorphOS ?
  • »08.10.14 - 18:57
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    Btw, its not "Crabaum", its "Crabum":-)
  • »08.10.14 - 21:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Thanks! I got it to work the way I wanted.

The problem with SetMixer MUTE was that I could not get it going again with Shell commands. But I got the exact same effect by writing "SetMixer OUTPUT VOLUME=0 >NIL:". After that I also made a "SetMixer OUTPUT VOLUME=100 >NIL:", plus the volumeadjust parts above.

This is going on my blog :-)

@igracki

Sorry :-) It's a really neat program I must say!

My MorphOS blog
  • »08.10.14 - 22:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    But it would be much better if you could use it on any screen - by having access to the keycommand of a supported keyboard, like my Apple A1016 Bluetooth keyboard ........... I would be very pleased if someone could make this possible.

If Apple managed to make this work, then surely our MorphOS developers can implement this also, and also for the Apple A1048 keyboard - which is a wired keyboard - with 2 USB ports, and has the same keyboard layout as the A1016. If there any others that might be supported, that I have not mentioned then if this is possible with these 2 models then it would of course be fantastic for any of the others to be supported as well.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »09.10.14 - 00:20
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > The problem with SetMixer MUTE was that I could not get it going again with Shell commands.

Here, 'mute 1' mutes and 'mute 0' unmutes again.
  • »09.10.14 - 00:38
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    But it would be much better if you could use it on any screen - by having access to the keycommand of a supported keyboard, like my Apple A1016 Bluetooth keyboard ........... I would be very pleased if someone could make this possible.

It is possible with the MMKeyboard program I mentioned earlier. My MultiMeedio script even comes with an example screenshot how to config the MMKeyboard.

[ Edited by jPV 09.10.2014 - 05:10 ]
  • »09.10.14 - 06:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    The problem with SetMixer MUTE was that I could not get it going again with Shell commands.

My script handles the toggling of the mute. With just one command it checks the mute state and toggles it then.

Using mute itself to set it off reverts the volume level where it was before muting it, so it's better than setting volume manually to max or so.. I've been using commands "SetMixer MUTE=on >NIL:" and "SetMixer MUTE=off >NIL:", maybe it describes better how it works ;)

[ Edited by jPV 09.10.2014 - 05:08 ]
  • »09.10.14 - 06:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @jPV

That was a better solution. Thanks :-)

My MorphOS blog
  • »09.10.14 - 16:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

jPV wrote: It is possible with the MMKeyboard program I mentioned earlier. My MultiMeedio script even comes with an example screenshot how to config the MMKeyboard.

But, does your script & the MMKeyboard program work with the A1016 and/or A1048 Apple keyboards?

As far as I am aware, MMKeyboard does not detect these Apple Volume Mute, Volume Up & Down, or Eject Disk keys to the top right corner of the keyboard, nor the F13 to F16 keys.

Without the system or the program you mention being able to detect the keys I do not see a way to implement being able to use them, and it would have to be an alternative keyboard/keystroke command that would have to be used, unless someone else knows better than this.
  • »09.10.14 - 17:36
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    The A1016 and the A1048 are Apple manufactured hardware, so I am only trying to encourage anyone who is on the developer team to see if this bit of Apple hardware can be 'helped' into being fully working with MorphOS, as there doesn't seem to be a good reason why it shouldn't be possible to work out how these keyboards function, and so modify any required code to be able to get them to work with MorphOS.

Quote:

jPV wrote:Yeah, well, if MMKeyboard doesn't detect those keys, then you should use some other keys which it detects, but at least using other keys is better than nothing at all :)

If MMKeyboard does not work with these specific keys on these Apple A1016 and A1048 keyboards, your suggestion is not a viable solution for these Apple keyboards, unfortunately.

I see no real need to be using other keys on the keyboard that are not specifically for Volume +/-/Mute or Eject, even though I have setup F12 and the Eject key (which is read by MOS as the F12 key) - in combination with Ctrl, to trigger an Eject of any CD, I cannot set up the other Volume or F13-16 keys for other functions, as they are not recognised by MorphOS, and subsequently, not surprisingly by MMKeyboard, so my hope lives on that the Apple keys will someday be supported by the developers for MorphOS.
  • »09.10.14 - 20:45