OWB and YouTube login fails here in Norway
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    This happens when I try to login to YouTube. Gmail and Documents still works though.

owbyoutubeissue.jpg

I have OWB 1.23 and tried to spoof as Firefox, Chrome, Safari and even OWB itself without any luck. I can watch YouTube clips, but not login anymore.

Anyone else had this issue? I have deleted cookies, passwords, scripts etc. So I wonder where the problem is?

Hope this can be solved as I love to work using MorphOS.

Best Regards,
    Michal
  • »11.07.14 - 10:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I can confirm this. I have the same problem. Another things that has happened lately is that Youtube loads so slow that it's unusable if you want to watch online. And it eats up almost all the RAM in the process. It did not do this before. Even trying to switch between HTML5 and ordinary player loads for forever, and I have to stop because I got no more RAM left.

Fab, what the f*ck did Youtube do this time?

[ Edited by Yasu 11.07.2014 - 13:55 ]
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »11.07.14 - 13:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Exact same thing here in the states. I was unable to login last night.
  • »11.07.14 - 16:47
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    From germany no problem .
    I log in to youtube over a google acount.
    Spreedy - The spreedsheet editor of MorphOS
    Calimero - Do you know about the new DTP Program for MorphOS ?
  • »11.07.14 - 19:27
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    Here in Italy I can see videos when spoofing OWB as IPad,

But after loading the video and playing some minutes of it, then Youtube shows me pop up window saying "CONNECTION TIMED OUT - RETRY' YES, NO".

This pop up is loaded again and again whatever is the answer. Very annoying.

Also I got the same response as shown in the image posted by MorphDelpf when trying to connect to google or youtube or Gmail.

Sites respond that cookies are not active, when they are correctly on.

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte 12.07.2014 - 21:16 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »12.07.14 - 19:16
    Doraemon
    Hello.
    In spain the same problem :(
  • »12.07.14 - 20:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Condor
    Same problem here. I can't login anymore.
  • »19.11.14 - 12:05
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

pegasos-sigi2 schrieb:
    From germany no problem .
    I log in to youtube over a google acount.

I have the problem that I oftenly get redirected to the youtube start page. Also I still have redirection loop issues with quite some google services (merchant center, blogspot).
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »19.11.14 - 13:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    Quote:

MorphDelf wrote:
    This happens when I try to login to YouTube. Gmail and Documents still works though.

owbyoutubeissue.jpg

I have OWB 1.23 and tried to spoof as Firefox, Chrome, Safari and even OWB itself without any luck. I can watch YouTube clips, but not login anymore.

Anyone else had this issue? I have deleted cookies, passwords, scripts etc. So I wonder where the problem is?

Hope this can be solved as I love to work using MorphOS.

Best Regards,
    Michal

I do have the same problem here in Switzerland, not possible to login with a combined Google/Youtube account :-(

I wouldn't even care about logging in but here it seems that I'm not able to play videos in html5, so they played slow, even on an PM 2.7 Ghz and I think that is due to the fact that I'm not loged in. Correct?
    Does anybody have the same not being able to play in html5? Is there a solution?
  • »30.11.14 - 15:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > here it seems that I'm not able to play videos in html5, [...] and I think that is due to
    > the fact that I'm not loged in. Correct?

I don't even have any Google or Youtube account and can play HTML5 video on Youtube just fine (OWB 1.24 on MorphOS 3.7 on Mac mini G4).
  • »30.11.14 - 23:41
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Yes, you don't need to be logged in to view HTML5 videos. You can also try without HTML5 video setting on. It works for me too now with Fab's scripts.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »01.12.14 - 21:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
    rms
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    Yes, you don't need to be logged in to view HTML5 videos. You can also try without HTML5 video setting on. It works for me too now with Fab's scripts.

Yes it works without html5 but it's really much to slooooooooooooooow!

I don't know what I do wrong here because it worked before, I mean html5 play, and it doesn't anymore.
    I need to see...

I did have a look at the scripts stuff in OWB and even though I do have Yoututbe HTML5 Converter + Youtube FullscreenFix and Youtube - EZ Download enabled it seems not to play in html5 :-(
    Any idea what elese could be wrong?

[ Edited by rms 02.12.2014 - 07:38 ]
  • »02.12.14 - 04:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> You can also try without HTML5 video setting on.

> Yes it works without html5

No, it doesn't. Even with Youtube's HTML5 video setting off, Youtube sends its videos to OWB via HTML5, at least as long as you have the Flash plugin disabled. And with the Youtube scripts in use, the calculated video URL gets embedded into HTML5 on the fly. Put simply, OWB cannot play Youtube videos in any other way than via HTML5.
  • »02.12.14 - 07:32
  • rms
    rms
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >> You can also try without HTML5 video setting on.

> Yes it works without html5

No, it doesn't. Even with Youtube's HTML5 video setting off, Youtube sends its videos to OWB via HTML5, at least as long as you have the Flash plugin disabled. And with the Youtube scripts in use, the calculated video URL gets embedded into HTML5 on the fly. Put simply, OWB cannot play Youtube videos in any other way than via HTML5.

I managed to have it work again! What I did is that I opened the Scripts Window in OWB and I deleted all the scripts, then I added all the scripts again and checked enable and now it works. Strange, don't know why this happened, but well...

About the Flash plugin, it was anyway disabled!

And I'm not sure that it is right that OWB can not play Youtube videos, because I could play them, the scrollbar was red, but I could not do a full screen and the video played very slow and scattered. So if OWB can't play them, and Flash plugin is disabled, what played them then?
  • »03.12.14 - 05:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I managed to have it work again! [...] I opened the Scripts Window in OWB and
    > I deleted all the scripts, then I added all the scripts again and checked enable
    > and now it works. [...] I could play them [...], but I could not do a full screen

Sounds like this problem I had myself:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=9462&start=119

>> Put simply, OWB cannot play Youtube videos in any other way than via HTML5.

> I'm not sure that it is right that OWB can not play Youtube videos [...].
    > [...] So if OWB can't play them

Nobody said that OWB could not play Youtube videos.

> [...] and Flash plugin is disabled, what played them then?

OWB via HTML5, as I said.
  • »03.12.14 - 13:05
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    i want to inform forum that my problems with Youtube resolved automatically without i made anything to solve it...

Now i can surf any video by spoofing OWB as IPad4.

Must still chek if persist problems in logging in into Google+, Google Mail and Youtube account.
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »03.12.14 - 13:43
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Rats
    Also fails here in the UK
  • »04.12.14 - 10:47
    Profile Visit Website