Is GitHub not working with current SSH?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Samurai_Crow
    I tried cloning one of my GitHub repos and it failed to work with my encryption key. I tried deleting the old one and making a new one but it still fails. When it fails it locks up the system hard.

My system configuration is a Mac Mini silent upgrade model with 1 GB of RAM and MorphOS 3.15. I think my developer tools are current too.

Here's a thought: does the MorphOS version of Git use AmiSSL or link in OpenSSL like Linux tools use?
  • »02.11.21 - 16:14
  • MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    Quote:

does the MorphOS version of Git use AmiSSL or link in OpenSSL like Linux tools use?

MorphOS does not use AmiSSL.

In February 2021 SDK:
    - ssh is OpenSSH 8.4p1
    - git is 2.30.0
    - libssl/libcrypto is openssl 1.1.1i with some fixes cherrypicked from Debian GNU/Linux
    - libcurl is curl 7.75.0

git itself links against curl and openssl (for the HTTP/HTTPS related components). For ssh functionality it forks and execs the ssh command just like on linux.

I should add that git is rather complicated piece of software with various components that might not have been fully tested (my git-fu is pretty weak). If there are any reproducable issues I'll try my best to fix them.

BTW, current work-in-progress SDK is based on:
    - openssh 8.8p1
    - git 2.33.1
    - openssl 3.0.0
    - curl 7.79.1
  • »02.11.21 - 16:50
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    As Piru already mentioned, MorphOS does NOT use AmiSSL. There should normally be no reason for installing it on your system.

My guess would be that you have not placed your SSH key in the right location / your HOME: is misconfigured. Make sure you have a user configured in System Preferences / Users with a correct home path. Reboot, open a shell, type 'home:' enter and see where that takes you. Put the .ssh stuff there and it should work OK.
  • »02.11.21 - 16:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > MorphOS does NOT use AmiSSL. There should normally
    > be no reason for installing it on your system.

...unless you want to run jPV's excellent Hollywood programs :-)
  • »02.11.21 - 20:36
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Samurai_Crow
    I have Hollywood installed on my MorphOS box myself! Not to knock JPV's RNO utilities but I may have to come out with one myself!

Home: is not assigned in SDK:Startup nor anywhere else. Should it be? Home is only an environment variable from my ECX install.
  • »02.11.21 - 21:39
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Home: will be assigned once you set it up in User preferences. Git will not work until you do.
  • »02.11.21 - 23:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Samurai_Crow
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    Home: will be assigned once you set it up in User preferences. Git will not work until you do.

That did it! Thanks everyone!
  • »03.11.21 - 02:47