AmiWest 2011 Show
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Well, it is that time of year again to start thinking about attending the AmiWest Show in Sacramento, California, USA. I know it might already be too late for some of you in the EU, or other far away places to schedule some vacation time off to travel to California for a few days or a week, but I will again extend my invitation to any of you (specially any MorphOS Development Team member) to fly to Los Angeles International Airport where I will pick you up and drive you to stay in my home in Big Bear Lake for what ever amount of time we have between your arrival and the time we must leave to drive to get to the show in Sacramento on Friday afternoon before the show starts.

I would really like to have a MorphOS Developer to come to the AmiWest Show with me and answer any questions people may have, or demonstrate MorphOS to the show attendees better than I can. There would also be an opportunity to teach a seminar on using MorphOS, if that is something anyone wants to sign up to do.

Attendance to the show is again free this year, thanks to the generous donations from AmigaKit and possibly other companies, or individuals. The show dates are Friday evening, October 21st to Sunday afternoon/evening, October 23rd.

If you want to go and flights to Los Angeles are cheaper for you than flying directly to Sacramento, let me know and I will pick you up. If you want to come a week early so you can vacation in Southern California and then drive with me up to the AmiWest 2011 Show in Sacramento, let me know that too. You are welcome to stay at my home during your stay before or after the AmiWest 2011 Show, to use as a home base while you explore all of the entertainment possibilities within a hundred mile radius of here, as well as the beauty of this mountain resort that I live in.

Let me know as soon as possible, so we can both make our plans.

[ Edited by amigadave 03.08.2011 - 23:36 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »04.08.11 - 07:32
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    As a quick follow-up to my invitation for others to attend this year's AmiWest Show with me. I have been corresponding with Acill and it appears that he will be going with me this year, but that does not mean that there is not any room for 1 or 2 more people to go with us. The more the merrier I say and we can take turns driving, so I can relax and play with a friends Minimig, or my Efika on the rear seat video system while someone else is driving, or watch a movie with headphones while the driver and other front seat passenger listen to the radio. My car has a low power electrical inverter to provide a small amount of 120 volt A/C power to the outlet at the rear of the center console and there are composite video & audio inputs for the overhead flip-down video screen. If I get the DC-to-DC power converter (that I bought 2 years ago) with MacMini power cord, installed before the trip, I can even run my G4 MacMini and use a DVI to composite adapter to display on the flip-down video screen, or a VGA adapter to use the 7-inch touch-screen LCD installed on the front dashboard of my car.

The 7-inch touch-screen LCD is intended for my Intel powered MacMini to use as my Car-Puter for navigation and other media uses, as there isn't any good GPS navigation software for MacOS, so I have to run Windows on the Intel MacMini to run some good navigation software. I wonder what it would take to use the data files for the Windows, or Garmin GPS navigation software systems from MorphOS and write a program to mimic those Windows or the Garmin systems? That would be a killer app for MorphOS to have in its software collection.

So, if there are any other MorphOS users (or specially developers, or Team members) that can make it to California in time to go with us, please let me know as soon as possible so we can work out our plans.
  • »04.08.11 - 22:29
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    cheesegrate
    if the mos devs are too busy playin xbox i suggest you and ascii do a presentation on mos at amiwest, sorely needed this year
  • »05.08.11 - 04:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Seras, zrób nam wszystkim przysługę i spadaj z tego forum, nie potrzebujemy tutaj przydupasów hyperionu.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »05.08.11 - 08:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    cheesegrate
    co ty kurwa pierdolsz?? :)
  • »05.08.11 - 10:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I can't promise anything yet, but I am planning on the two of us doing a short presentation of MorphOS at the AmiWest Show this year. I should have done one last year, but the show was very busy with other presenters and with Carl Sassenrath there, plus I was busy with other projects that I wanted to show that were not complete and I was supposed to be managing the Amiga Game Competition too.

@Pampers,

I couldn't translate the last two words in your post, so I will assume that they are some form of slang and not something that the group doing the translation software wanted to include in their Polish dictionary. If you have some kind of problem with cheesegrate, please take it to PMail, or somewhere else instead of starting something in this thread.
  • »05.08.11 - 20:46
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Dreamcast270mhz
    I will see if I can go to AMiwest, but I probablyh will not be able to go, just wish we had one like AMiwest on the east coast.
    My Macs:
    Powerbook G4 ALU 1.5GHZ 15" 1.5GB OSX.5.8
    Powermac G4 MDD 1.5GHZ OSX.5.8 MOS2.7

Want a part for a Mac? Let me know, I'll see what I can do.

Amithlon is amazing, questions and help I can provide.
  • »05.08.11 - 20:52
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I will assume that they are some form of slang and not
    > something that the group doing the translation software
    > wanted to include in their Polish dictionary.

I can imagine that's very much the case with the word "hyperionu" ;-)
  • »05.08.11 - 20:55
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    cheesegrate
    @amigadave

i don't think he is talking to me but someone called seras :)
  • »06.08.11 - 01:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @Dreamcast270MHz,

What will it take to get you to go to AmiWest 2011 Show? Are you lacking the money for a plane ticket to Los Angeles where I could pick you up, or directly to Sacramento (where I also could pick you up, if you arrived shortly before the Show is planned to start on Friday evening)?

Last year, myself and three other guys shared a room at the hotel that is right next door to the hotel where AmiWest is being held, because we could get a larger room that was actually cheaper than the rooms in the hotel where AmiWest is being held. Sharing the room cost between 4 people made it very affordable. We might do the same thing this year, but might need to get two of the larger rooms, as I am hoping that we will have 5 to 7 people driving up from the Southern California area to the AmiWest 2011 Show in a couple of cars.

Let me know if you can make it and need me to pick you up. We share the cost of the room(s) and gasoline to and from the show to make it cheaper on everyone, but if you are too tight on money, we can work something out on the gasoline and room costs by getting your share from the rest of us. The Show is free, thanks to AmigaKit, and the banquet dinner is optional if you don't have the $29 for that.

AmiWest is small, but we can make it larger if more people will just make the effort to attend. We always have a good time there, during the show and after it shuts down at the hotel(s), or some restaurant and/or bar.

I encourage everyone to try to come. There are not many opportunities each year for us to all get together and discuss and/or play around with our various Amiga hardware. Last year was special when Carl Sassenrath showed up and gave a nice talk about the "Old Days" and also brought many items out of his basement and garage to sell to us. I loved getting a "brand new", "never been opened", CDTV and CDTV DCTV display card. I also bought the very last new NTSC A1200 that AmigaKit had to sell. Matthew still has one more new NTSC A1200, but I think he keeping that one to use for testing and trouble shooting purposes, so I don't know if it can be considered "new" anymore by now.

Hope to see more of you at this year's show. We are the ones that make it great or not.
  • »06.08.11 - 02:20
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Dreamcast270mhz
    It is definitely not the money, more the time as I'm a college student and it is going to be a busy fall semester. Once I get my Schedule in late August/early september I would be able to see if I can go or not. Love to see california though, hows the weather in October?
    My Macs:

• »06.08.11 - 03:32
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Sorry Amigadave, I didn't mean to hijack this tread. I just was kindly asking cheesgrate to get his ass out of this forum as he is well known hyperion' lickass from aw.net and I'm sure he is not signed up in here because of MorphOS at all.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »06.08.11 - 07:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    cheesegrate
    pampers , show me one link where i 'lickass' hyperion, you have either drunk too much vodka and suffered brain damage or can not read english competently or as i suspect a combination of above mixed with a personality disorder. go lick your own ass
  • »06.08.11 - 09:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    What about your signature on aw.net? Anyway, let's talk through pm and leave the forum alone.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »06.08.11 - 09:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > What about your signature on aw.net?

So called "irony".

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=33290&forum=32&start=120#606610

...was a reply to this:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=33290&forum=32&start=60#603606
  • »06.08.11 - 10:15
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    My bad then, sorry for that.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »06.08.11 - 10:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @Dreamcast270MHz,

The weather in Southern Calif. is hot until around the end of Oct., or first few weeks of November. But up on top of the mountain where I live, it is cool enough to never need air-conditioning in all the houses. On the really hot days we might turn on a ceiling fan or two and open all the windows. It rarely gets over 85 degrees Farenheit here in Big Bear Lake.
  • »06.08.11 - 11:08
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Dreamcast270mhz
    @Amigadave

Just looked at that weekend on my schedule. I can't make it due to conflicts with family events. But thanks for the offer. Maybe I'll make it next year.
    My Macs:

• »06.08.11 - 23:12
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @Dreamcast270mhz,

Too bad about your schedule. It is going to be a great show again this year. There is just so much happening (again) this year, with new hardware and progress from Hyperion and A-Eon being shown (I know this is a MorphOS forum and not many people here are interested in A-Eon's X1000 and even less, maybe zero, are interested in anything Hyperion does), plus I (and maybe Acill) will be doing a MorphOS presentation at the show, including a demonstration of MorphOS running on the G4 PowerBook and a Q&A session afterward at my display table.

I am open to suggestions on what this presentation during the AmiWest 2011 Show should include from any of you users and developers, or MorphOS Dev. Team members. Tell me what you would like me to showcase during the presentation and I will try to incorporate it into my presentation.

P.S. Still hoping to get more MorphOS users/developers/or MorphOS Dev. Team members, to attend the AmiWest 2011 Show with me.
  • »10.08.11 - 01:15
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Hi Dave,

Just updated the Amiwest planning thread. Everything gets transferred to post #1, so you don't have to hunt around for the info.

Amiwest - October 21-23, 2011 (Pre-Planning)

Anyone with questions ask them in that thread or here, and I'll try to keep both current.

• »13.08.11 - 16:13
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    It looks like I can make it this year Dave, I can't wait to go up again. Its been way to long. I'll be in touch sooner when I figure out what day I'll be at your place before we head up.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »13.08.11 - 16:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Great news Acill!

I will appreciate the help driving up to the show and most of all, help with preparing a presentation for the show and answering questions after the presentation at my display table.

Any other MorphOS users, developers, or MorphOS Dev. Team members that want to go with us, just let me know.
  • »13.08.11 - 19:03
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I do have some good news as well. It looks like I will be showing off the IOS Amiga emulator called iAmiga too now. I've been in talks with the developer quite a bit and I am now on the development testing account. Its looking real good too. I can't wait to show it off!
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »14.08.11 - 01:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I hope you can load the beta of it on my iPhone3GS during our trip. I would love to see it in action and have it on my own iPhone, though I don't usually play any games on my iPhone, I would like to see AmigaOS1.3 to 3.x and some games on my iPhone.

I checked the webpage you sent me and it appears that it will work on the 3GS and later versions of the iPhone.
  • »14.08.11 - 02:54
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    It won't work, its tied to my developer account and only loads on the phone and iPad to a registered device. You can try it on mine though.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »14.08.11 - 03:27
    Profile Visit Website