• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    I guess Max Seybold is switching to the N270 for a reason: It has much, much more raw computing power than a 5121, which is more or less en par with the 5200 used in the Efika (the 5121 has a bigger chache). And while I really like my Efika (whith MorphOS of course) I must confess a 5121 netbook *today* is just too little, too late. Two years ago before Intel rolled out the Atom and b4 Asus presented the original celeron b based Eee such a device coud have sold like hot cakes. But now... :-(
    Of course the Atom + chipset is more expensive than a 5121, but not that much. Especially when you consider the additional cost of case, battery, display, ssd, ram. The total cost of an Atom based device and a 5121 based one is very similar (btw.: because of the same calculation I am not too optimistic for potential ARM netbooks).
    A 8610 based device would be quite another story (it woud be fast enough to compete with the Atom, retail price could be more or less the same), but I don't see anybody producing it. And I cannot - I neither have the required funds for such a big endeveavour nor the knowledge (I am a biologist).
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »19.01.09 - 02:02
    Profile Visit Website