• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Well, wikipedia...
    The very 900A I am typing this actual post on features an N270. Most of the time I have the WLAN enabled.
    When on battery it downclocks a lot. The ugly powerhog in there is the northbrige (IIRC 945 GSE which peaks at 22W TDP under full load).

The only bad thing I discovered on the Eee is that it is x86 and thus never will feature MorphOS. Additional bad features are that Linux IMO is a PITA and the Xandros deliverd with the Eee is a *major* PITA (oh, and they really should get their act together and improve the touchpad driver or whatever causes these freaking mouse pointer behaviour).
    Apart from that the Eee is very, very, very close to that device I once outlined in some communication with BBRV which I would have based on the MPC5200 back then (8-10" 800x600 screen, SSD, SD card slot, cheap, low power, not relying on windows, and so on). A bit later the Efika was announced and I had big hopes for such a device. Well, iit came other and in the end it was Asus who built it - but not with a ppc, but this freaking x86 called Atom (which in German has the same meaning as nuclear in terms of nuclear bombs and such...) and a crappy norhbridge. But the entire device is very convincing and sometimes late at night I am sitting there, silently crying when thinking how MorphOS would have taken off *if* this "Eclipsis reloaded" had come in time (1-2 yeras before the original Eee). But that's life, Asus is a big company - they can do such things...
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »18.01.09 - 23:13
    Profile Visit Website